The weather is getting better and better which means that the time for summer salads is upon us again. I recently tried this salad with peach and prosciutto and this will definitely go on my favourites list. I absolutely love summer fruits like strawberries, raspberries, and peaches because it's so easy to make great dishes with them. They are perfect for smoothies or cakes and when you combine them with cheese, herbs or prosciutto (like in this recipe) they make for a delicious salad. You can eat this salad for lunch or even for dinner, but you might want to add some ciabatta for some extra filling. The ingredients you need for approximately two servings are the following:
- 120 gr. mixed leaf salad
- almonds, about a small handful
- 3 peaches
- 120 gr. goats' cheese
- prosciutto, about 6 strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp mustard
- optional: ciabatta
These are the quantities I used, but you can adapt them to your personal preference.
- Cook the prosciutto for 2-3 minutes or just before it gets crispy. Let it cool down and cut it into small pieces.
- Peel the peaches and slice them.
- Chop the almonds, and cut the goats' cheese.
- Then mix the almonds, peaches, prosciutto and goats' cheese with the mixed leaf salad.
- Whisk the olive oil with the vinegar, honey, and mustard and drizzle over the salad.